Photo

How do I find content on the Forum?

No replies to this topic

#1 Jonna Laitinen

Jonna Laitinen

• Moderators
  • Tekla Maintenance Users, Tedds Maintenance Users, Structural Designer Maint. Users, Tekla UFP Users, Warehouse Contributors
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

* Search for options and Search limitations

There are multiple search options available for finding content. The Quick Search can be used by typing your keywords into the quick-search bar at the top of any page and pressing the ‘Search’ button. There are some limitations when searching words that are 3 characters or less. For example, to find all topics with the word ‘PDF’ on them, type ‘PDF*’ on the Quick Search box.

Next to the Quick Search bar, you can click the cog icon to access Advanced Search. Advanced search brings you multiple options to define your search

• Use the ‘Find words’ field to enter the keywords to search for. The same limitation with the word length applies - use wildcards at the end of the word that has three characters or less.

• ‘Find author’ " field can be used to find content from a specific user. Note that the author’s name has to be exact spelling, and the full username.

• The ‘Find by date’ option allows you to restrict the results to content added between particular dates. This is particularly useful if you are looking for older content, as the Forum search will only return the first 250 hits that meet your search criteria. By using the ‘Find by date’ you can search for older content that would not otherwise be shown in the search results.

• ‘Find in forum’ allows you to restrict your results to content within particular forums. You can select multiple options by holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard and clicking on your options.

You may have noticed that when you are viewing a particular topic, or a particular forum, that the search bar changes from ‘Search Forum’ to ‘Search This Topic’ - this Inline Search feature allows you to search through the current topic without getting search results for other areas of the forum. Click on the ‘Search This Topic’ to change the Search section to ‘Forums’ to search from the entire Forum.

The Forum search options, the Quick Search, Advanced Options and Inline Search are all described on the Forum Help, along with other useful information. You can also access Help from the ‘Help’ link at the very bottom of the Forum page.

* Sorting the Search results

Search results are by default sorted according to "Last update time", not according to how many times the keyword was found in the topic. You can also choose to sort the results by:

• ‘Title’, the keyword is included in title

• ‘Replies’, sorts the topics by number of replies to the topic,  or

• ‘Views’, which sorts the topics based on the number of times the post has been viewed

If you still can’t find what you are looking for, post your question on the Forum so that Community can help by answering your question, or by pointing you to relevant topics if there are such available.

* How can I find my own content

Access your Forum profile by clicking on your username at the top right corner, and then click ‘My content’. You can use ‘My content’ to list the posts that you have made. You can also search for your content using the Find author functionality described above

* What if I still haven't found what I’m looking for?

Maybe you're not alone. Let us help you! It’s possible that the forum does not yet contain the information in the format you are trying to find it - or maybe it’s there but you just haven’t found the right keyword. You can ask a question,  follow ongoing discussions, read the forum threads and participate in the discussion. If you post your question, there is probably someone who knows something related to the issue if that information is available on the forum.

• Rune Backman and Sanjoy Nath like this
Jonna Laitinen
Tekla Structures | Global Service Support

New on Tekla Discussion Forum? Great to see you! Start your journey with the Getting Started instructions. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users